Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 116 (0km): Some R&R

We've been riding quite a bit lately so we treated ourselves to a break by the beach. Once we sorted ourselves out in the morning we went for a walk on the beach. It turned into a long walk; we checked out all the fancy hotels we couldn't afford the previous night. 
A walk on the beach

We didn't feel like walking back, and we were both getting blisters so we walked up to the road and took a moto taxi back into town. I like moto taxi rides; I think they are fun. 
The wind was nice, but no windsurfers
Peruvian ceviche; the so-called real deal


We had lunch down by the water and I got to watch the kite surfers do their thing. Can't wait to take lessons when we come back. 
Me asking the baby what drinks he sold
 
Didn't really do anything too exciting. Stayed out of the sun for the rest of the day since I think I got plenty on our walk.


Update: I used some toothpaste to buff out the scratches in my goggles so maybe I can still use them. Will try them out tomorrow. Anyways lesson learned. Bring a spare tinted lens next time.

1 comment: